Needing legal advice over issues/rights of land?

Needing legal advice over issues/rights of land?

When it comes to legal issues that involve land rights or boundaries, it can be incredibly frustrating. Even with the relevant documentation to highlight which land belongs to you and how you can use it, the arguing party – whether that’s a neighbour or a business or even the council – may not accept this evidence coming from you.

The best thing to do in this situation, if it looks like it cannot be easily resolved, is to contact a solicitor who specialises in legal advice over land rights. From rural areas to property lines, these lawyers can help you figure out exactly where you stand in the situation and give you the hard facts to back up any evidence that you have.

Of course, the last thing anyone wants is a court case, which is why solicitors will go out of their way to ensure that it doesn’t reach that point unless completely necessary. There is no point taking a case to court and wasting valuable time and a large sum of money for an issue that can be dealt with between solicitors and both parties sitting down and having a discussion in the same room.

Is your issue not something as simple as property line disputes?

A solicitor would still have you covered.

Rural property issues

Agricultural and rural solicitors have an expert knowledge of laws in regard to land, as well as experience of the more practical aspects of ownership and occupation of rural property. Rural property issues are often more complex, especially when it comes to buying and selling land. Complications typically arise from unregistered public and private rights of way, boundary issues, drainage, and farming operations.

The most common rural issue is buying and selling. This is because of access issues that crop up during transactions. Not just the current access available, but the possibility of changing access. That means that the buyer needs to disclose what they intend to use the land for, to ensure that the access rights won’t interfere. There are, of course, many other issues that can arise during the buying and selling of property like land but this is one of the top concerns.

Specialist advice

You may also find yourself needing more specialist advice for your property issues, such as fishing rights or historic rights of way. Perhaps you even need to know if your property is a listed building and what you can legally do to the building and grounds.

If you happen to be in the business of wind farming
and you’re looking to expand onto the property in question, you would also need to seek legal advice to see if that land is applicable for those needs.

If you’re ever in doubt that you can legally change a property or its grounds in any way, it’s always the best practice to contact a licensed and fully qualified solicitor who will be able to advise you on the matter.